Gift tags and Scrapbooking with WOW! Fluorescent powders

Hi, Amy here again and it's my turn to show you what I've been making. This month we have all created projects using the fluorescent powders. I must confess I wouldn't normally have picked colours so bright but I have certainly been converted. Don't knock it till you try it is all I can say! My particular favourites are Fluorescent Blue and Fluorescent Tickled Pink. Amazing! These will definetly be getting frequent use on a wide range of projects.

First I made some simple gift tags using kraft card, (which I cut using a tag die from Spellbinders), the Gratitude stamp set and the following powders: Fluorescent Tickled Pink, Fluorescent Yellow, Fluorescent OrangeFluorescent Green and Fluorescent Blue, finished off with some pretty ribbon. These gift tags would be great for mothers day presents as well as loads of other occasions. I've already used one on a gift for a friend and am planning to batch make loads more to have ready for the rest of the year. Hope you like them.



Since I enjoyed using the powders so much I was also inspired to try them out on a couple of scrapbook layouts.

Fluorescent pink was perfect for this first page using photos taken when myself and some friends did the Ladies Midnight Walk in Lincoln in aid of St Barnabas...



I chose a black patterned background paper and tore the edges against a border die to create the scalloped edge.


I then embossed the edge using Fluorescent Pink powder, tore into the bottom edge of the paper, folded the torn edges back and embossed them with Ebony powder. After stitching the black paper onto a pink paper I stamped one of the hearts into the space on the pink paper that is exposed by the tear. The border strip is embossed with Fluorescent Pink and the ticket and flowers from the Gratitude stamp set as well as the layout title are embossed with Ebony powder onto white card and then coloured with Worn Lipstick distress ink. I used the Alphabet and Months stamp set to write 'Friends' for the title and then underlined it using the WOW embossing pen. I have stamped various other images from the Gratitude stamp set and used the border stamps from the set to add detail around the bottom corners of the photos.





The fluorescent colours were also perfect on this second page with photos of my nephew (honorary!) enjoying a day out at the park...


I used the powders to cover die cut letters and the arrow, jigsaw pieces (from an incomplete car boot sale jigsaw) and the edges of the Tim Holtz Adage ticket. I added the date using the Alphabet and Months stamp set embossed with Fluorescent Green and used a WOW embossing pen to circle the number 2 on the bingo sheet and embossed with Fluorescent Blue.




I hope my post shows you how versatile these fluorescent powders really are. 
 

Comments

  1. Fabulous post, Amy! Love the range of styles, and would never have thought to try the fluorescents on kraft tags, let alone use a die as a tearing ruler... fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your projects are all so very fantastic! Love the little jigsaw pieces so much! And the tags are also a very good idea!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment