Skip to main content

Glitter Girls are back in town!


Hello out there to all of you WOW lovers!

 It is Team Glitter Girls, and we are back with another team post!

 This month we all focused on making layouts, and we sure love how they turned out!

  Let’s get down to business, and see what we did with all

the gorgeous powders we had in our hot little hands!

       Our first layout was made by Jen Matott, and here is what she has to say about her layout.


“The white flowers are stamped and using the white embossing powder... it creates a resist technique that allows me to color over top without it sticking to the design!”

Such a great idea!  I love it!
 

Supply List:


WOW! Opaque Bright White Regular {WLO1R}

Versa Mark ink

Faber-Castell Gelatos

Prima papers and embellies



Next we have a darling layout from Benedicte!  It is beautiful!
                    I love how she used the doilee, and then layered the small tag on top of it!
Supplies Used:

Build a butterfly stamp

Brocade stamp set

Bay Area Blue Suzy West powders

Olive Suzy West powders

Cotton Candy Suzy West powders


Now let’s take a peek at what Amy did this month!




 Let’s see what little tips she shared with us as well!

“I love cutting out shapes on my Silhouette Cameo. I also love using the negative space lately. For this layout I cut the sun out of the grey patterned paper and then instead of using the sun, I used the 12x12 paper for the layout. I took my Wow California Sunshine embossing powder and the brocade stamp and embossed on white cardstock and attached it to the back of the grey patterned paper, so the sun shines right through. I love the shininess of the embossed images. I then added some buttons, stitching and a title. I also used the border stamps from the Gratitude Stamp Set to border the outside edges of the layout. If you have never used negative space in a layout before, try it. Cut something fun and then emboss on white cardstock and attach so it shows through. I think you will really like this technique.”


Wow! Products Used:

Brocade Stamp
Gratitude Stamp Set
California Sunshine Embossing Powder

 
Let’s take a look at what Diana whipped up!



  Are you noticing the trend of white space on these layouts? 

I love it!

Diana Says,

”Lately it seems I am really going for a minimalist look. I am not using as much paper and white space is really inspiring me. I feel like it makes the photos and journaling the center of attention, which is important to me. On this layout, I used the Platinum Sparkle to emboss the arrow on the photo and I used the clear gloss to emboss the little birds that I punched with the Martha Stewart punch. I also embossed the little Maya Road wooden circle with white so that it would fit in with the white theme.”


Diana’s journaling reads: I love this moment. Grandpa Vanderburg came down to visit this spring and we had a wonderful time. All of you loved spending time together and sitting on his lap, especially Riley. Every time I loved over, you were by his side. I want this for you. I want you to be close and have a special relationship with him. Family is so important and I want you to know you are so loved by all of us.


Supplies: WOW Embossing Powder Clear Gloss Regular, Wow Embossing Powder Opaque Bright White Regular, Wow Embossing Powder Metallic Platinum Sparkle Embossing Glitter and WOW Brocade Stamp Set


Sure hope that these layouts inspire you to get out your heat guns,
and your powders, and get creative this weekend!
  I have linked all the girls blog to thier names,
 so click on them and have a peek at some more eye candy!
Have a good weekend, and thanks for stopping by!

J






Comments

  1. Great projects ladies, i love the deet's on where all the embossing powders have been used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think the sun is my favorite but they are all great layouts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them all but the journaling on the last one really touched me. Thank you for sharing something that's so personal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what beautiful layouts! all of them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What amazing layouts I especially love that sun great work glitter girls!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life's A Beach

Good morning crafty friends, I hope you're all well and getting very creative this month!
As this month's challenge is summer and I live on an island it seemed only natural that my inspiration card would feature sea and sand.
To create my beach scene I started off with a piece of pale blue card and a rubbed a Clear Ultra Slow Drying Embossing Pad across the top several times. I then sprinkled WOW Peppermint Tea Powder and Under The Sea Glitter over the top, tapped off the excess and melted with a heat tool. I created the sand underneath using Gold Pearl Powder.


For the sea I ran a line of PVA glue in the middle of the sky and sand with my finger, sprinkled with Under The Sea Glitter and melted with a heat tool. For the waves I added small areas of PVA straight from the nib of the bottle when added Opaque White Powder.




The birds and sentiment I have used Opaque British Summer Powder which is one of my favourite new powders, great colour and great name!
Finally, I added beach in…

Handy Stamp Storage Idea

Hello everyone... Happy Tuesday! :D

It's Sarah here with today's blog post created for our Monochromatic theme.




I don't know about you, but I always find I need to use stamps from a mixture of stamp sets and I thought it would be easier if I didn't have to slide each stamp set in and out of the packets all of the time.

I have a bunch of empty CD cases that I had almost thrown out but thankfully I hadn't as they turned out to be the perfect solution! The part that holds the CD easily popped out so I could then position my different stamp sets within them.

I found an old wooden CD box but it had no lid and as all clear acrylic stamps are best stored out of the light, I decided I would make a box lid for it... not just a plain lid though... a Wow Embossed box lid!


Here are brief instructions on how to make it:



STEP ONE

Using pearl silver card, I created a square to the size that I needed (145mm) and added 30mm wide rectangles around the square adding in some t…

Altenew’s 3rd Anniversary Blog Hop + Giveaway!

Hi Everyone!
Welcome to the Altenew 3rd Anniversary Blog Hop! If this is the first post you are reading and you would like to hop along you can start here on the Altenew Blog!
Altenew was kind enough to send us some stamps to play with and invited us to participate in the blog hop! There are some awesome prizes to be won and we also have a $30 gift certificate to give away to spend in our shop! Be sure to leave  comments on all 4 days of the blog hop to get a chance to win some amazing prizes!
I got to play with two Altenew Stamps: Basic Borders and Thinking Of You. I loved them so much I made two projects with them! 

I created this very easy background using the entire stamp set as a background and inked it up with our WOW! Embossing Powder Inkpad (UK Shop, US Shop) and using a variety of our Primary Embossing Powders (UK Shop, US Shop) to create this rainbow effect! <3 The Primary Embossing Powders go really well with each other and I simplay love how glossy they are. 


To finish…