Skip to main content

Thank You So Very Much - Tutorial by Jamie Cripps


 Hi guys!  Jamie back with you today sharing a tutorial for making this card!  
First, you will need to gather your supplies.  
You will need:
Clear Embossing Ink
Acrylic Block to fit your stamp
WOW Gratitude Stamp Set
WOW Opaque Bright White Embossing Powder
WOW Earthtone Olive Embossing Powder
Black Cardstock
Scissors
Foam Adhesives

  1. Place the three heart stamp on the acrylic block and stamp a pattern (as shown) with clear embossing ink.
  2. Place a piece of scrap paper underneath your cardstock and then generously pour the WOW Opaque Bright White embossing powder over the stamped images.
  3. Remove excess powder from the stamped images.
  4. Roll up the scrap paper with the excess powder and pour it back into the original jar.
  5. Start your heat gun up and give it a few moments to warm up then begin heat setting your image.
  6. This is what the set image will look like.
  7. Grab a smaller piece of black cardstock and your WOW Earthtone Olive Embossing Powder.
  8. Using the clear embossing powder, stamp the set of three hearts.
  9. Place a piece of scrap paper underneath your cardstock and then generously pour the WOW Earthtone Olive embossing powder over the stamped images.
  10. Remove excess powder from the stamped images and return to the jar.  If you have any powder that is sticking in areas you do not want it, remove it with a small stiff brush before heat setting.
  11. Warm up your heat gun again and then heat set the image.
  12. Fussy cut the three hearts and apply foam adhesive to the backs of each.
  13. Trim the large black cardstock to fit the front of your card then add the green hearts as shown.
Supplies:
Stamps: Gratitude by Suzy West (WOW Embossing Powders)
Embossing Powder: Opaque Bright White, Reg. and Earthtone Olive Reg. (WOW Embossing Powders)
Cardstock: White (Recollections) and Black (The Paper Studio)
Patterned Paper: Loyal 6x6 Pad (Authentique)
Twine: Flax (The Twinery)
Ink: Clear Embossing Distress by Tim Holtz (Ranger), Charcoal (Cat's Eye Chalk Ink), 
 and Tuxedo Black (Momento)
Gems: Green Gradient (Creative Charms)
Ribbon: Green (May Arts)
Punch: 1/4 Corner Rounder (Zutter)
Adhesive: Adhesive Runner and 1/4" Black Zapdots (Helmar)


I hope you have enjoyed today's tutorial.  
Be sure to check out the WOW blog for projects posted daily!

Comments

  1. Jamie, that looks really good! I love how you popped up the green ons on top!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been with Andrea for awhile now. I have not power embossed in years.... Love your work. Can't wait to copy Haaahaa.. Love the colours Thanks so much for insperation.
    Janis

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life's A Beach

Good morning crafty friends, I hope you're all well and getting very creative this month!
As this month's challenge is summer and I live on an island it seemed only natural that my inspiration card would feature sea and sand.
To create my beach scene I started off with a piece of pale blue card and a rubbed a Clear Ultra Slow Drying Embossing Pad across the top several times. I then sprinkled WOW Peppermint Tea Powder and Under The Sea Glitter over the top, tapped off the excess and melted with a heat tool. I created the sand underneath using Gold Pearl Powder.


For the sea I ran a line of PVA glue in the middle of the sky and sand with my finger, sprinkled with Under The Sea Glitter and melted with a heat tool. For the waves I added small areas of PVA straight from the nib of the bottle when added Opaque White Powder.




The birds and sentiment I have used Opaque British Summer Powder which is one of my favourite new powders, great colour and great name!
Finally, I added beach in…

Handy Stamp Storage Idea

Hello everyone... Happy Tuesday! :D

It's Sarah here with today's blog post created for our Monochromatic theme.




I don't know about you, but I always find I need to use stamps from a mixture of stamp sets and I thought it would be easier if I didn't have to slide each stamp set in and out of the packets all of the time.

I have a bunch of empty CD cases that I had almost thrown out but thankfully I hadn't as they turned out to be the perfect solution! The part that holds the CD easily popped out so I could then position my different stamp sets within them.

I found an old wooden CD box but it had no lid and as all clear acrylic stamps are best stored out of the light, I decided I would make a box lid for it... not just a plain lid though... a Wow Embossed box lid!


Here are brief instructions on how to make it:



STEP ONE

Using pearl silver card, I created a square to the size that I needed (145mm) and added 30mm wide rectangles around the square adding in some t…

Altenew’s 3rd Anniversary Blog Hop + Giveaway!

Hi Everyone!
Welcome to the Altenew 3rd Anniversary Blog Hop! If this is the first post you are reading and you would like to hop along you can start here on the Altenew Blog!
Altenew was kind enough to send us some stamps to play with and invited us to participate in the blog hop! There are some awesome prizes to be won and we also have a $30 gift certificate to give away to spend in our shop! Be sure to leave  comments on all 4 days of the blog hop to get a chance to win some amazing prizes!
I got to play with two Altenew Stamps: Basic Borders and Thinking Of You. I loved them so much I made two projects with them! 

I created this very easy background using the entire stamp set as a background and inked it up with our WOW! Embossing Powder Inkpad (UK Shop, US Shop) and using a variety of our Primary Embossing Powders (UK Shop, US Shop) to create this rainbow effect! <3 The Primary Embossing Powders go really well with each other and I simplay love how glossy they are. 


To finish…