We had the brief to use Flocks this month. Now I have to confess that flocks are not my strong point so I have tried to incorporate them into something that is 'my kind of thing.'
I have made this wall hanging - I have made several of these before in different sizes and using different themes and for me they are great to try out lots of techniques in 'bite size' pieces.
For this hanging I have used:
A bit of a mamouth tutorial! Hope your ready for this!
I started by cutting out my frame from mountboard. You can make whatever size, with however many squares you like but for this one I made my frame 9" square and 1¼" deep. The centre piece was cut to 6" square with the inner squares measuring 2"square (lots of squares!).
Next I added texture with Artists Modelling Paste stamped into with the French Music stamp. (Top Tip - Spritz your stamp with water to stop it from sticking in the paste).
Once dry I painted with my choice of acrylic paint, (blue, lilac, white) building up the colour until I was happy and then spritzed with a little water mixed with mica powder for some shimmer.
Prepare the centre frame by blending Distress Inks and then over stamping with the French Music stamp.
Now for the Flock!
I die cut a couple of flourishes and used some laser cut embellishments. I inked up the shapes, added Bonding Powder and then heat set until sticky. I then added my choice of flock, re-heated and flocked again to get a good coverage.
On the flourishes I then inked around the edges and added silver embossing powder.
The top embellishment was inked over with Vermark and covered with the Violet Metalline powder. I brushed it off the flock so that it remained in 'speckles' and heat embossed.
For the flower I mixed the white and violet flock to give me the colour I wanted.
Next, using Metallic Silver Ultra High embossing powder melted in a foil muffin case, I made my own little embellishments by pouring the melted EP into a silicone mould. The EP sets really quickly and you get the most fabulous little extra's for your projects. (Take care if doing this - hold your muffin case with a wooden peg and heat from underneath - this gets really hot!)
To complete the hanging I stuck the frames onto foamboard cut to size - nice and lightweight; added the embellishments and some beaded ribon to the bottom; plaited ribbon was used to make the hanging cord.
There you are - quite a process but great fun!
Pin It Now!