A Splash of Colour

Hello all.  I hope this post finds you all happy and healthy.  With the weather here in New Zealand at the moment and the changing seasons not really knowing what they are up to, we are all full of coughs and colds.   Longing for warmer days and trips to the beach.  On the up side  I get to spend a few extra hours in my craft room creating  :-)  Enough chat! want to see what I have been up to.  If you follow me at all you will know I am a bit of a Ink Junkie!  I have discovered Dylusions Spray......   mixed with WOW embossing powders..... H E A V E N.

Today I am going to show you what you do with all that extra spray that gets left behind with the help of Embossing powder and Embossing pen.....
The photo above is a project I was working on, well to be totally truthful I was just playing.  I loved the color combo and liked all the elements  together   I started to clean up and noticed I had some ink left on my mask and thought that I probably could get a print from it if I turned it over and applied a bit of pressure.  So glad I did cause look what I got!!!!   below.

I really liked it and then it hit me. I'm going to lose all the color and detail when I add more colors as the dylusions is water reactive.   Thinking thinking thinking.........then it hit me.  What if I embossed over it in a clear.  If I did that it would act as a resist and i could still have all the color.  

With my new WOW EMBOSSING PEN and WOW CLEAR GLOSS SUPER FINE i went about coloring portions of the project and then dusting over with the embossing powder.


Once I had completely covered it in embossing powder I got my heat gun and melted the embossing powder


Excited to see if it worked I got my dylusion sprays back out and played some more!!!!  It worked, I was able to keep the colors I had and added more.   
Heres what I did with the finished background!    
Hope you have enjoyed my share today.  Don't forget if you have time to come and join us in this months Challenge.  Which is ..... To  use a WOW EMBOSSING PEN!  read previous post for all the details.  night night all.   Happy Scrappin xox Donna



Comments