Summer Bunting - How To Make Personalised Bunting Tutorial

Hi everyone, it's Sarah here with a project that I have made for this months theme of Summer.

I had been invited to afternoon tea to celebrate my friends 30th birthday so I decided to create a summery themed card for her that would fit with our afternoon of tea, sandwiches and cake and what better way than to say Happy Birthday than with bunting!





I started by creating the mini flags. I printed them and cut them out but you could use patterned paper and little alphabet stamps to create the wording that you require.



Next I used a hand punch to create little holes in the corner of the flags to thread the ribbon through




I covered each little flag with Clear Ultra High Wow Embossing Powder and placed on a baking tray and heat embossed these in an oven on a low to medium temperature. I repeated this process three times to get a nice thick coating.



Using 3mm wide white ribbon, I threaded the flags onto the ribbon one at a time.



Finally, I positioned the 3 strips of bunting on the card and attached with glue dots using little pearl white sequins to hide the glue dots.



I also created a second set and attached to pink straws so these could be used on her birthday cake... I will say the the restaurant put the bunting a little too near the candles for my liking so if you do attempt this, make sure the candles are set away from the bunting to prevent any fire hazards!

The final thing to say is Happy Birthday Emily!



I hope that you like this project. Why not join in this months Wow challenge of Summer to be in with a chance of winning 6 embossing powders of your choice!

Happy Crafting :D

Comments