Mail Art


Hi there, Doris from Cheap Psychology here. I find it very decadent to send out beautiful envelopes. It is something that is usually forgotten. We spend money on cards and presents but envelopes do not really et our attention. 
But what gives more joy than to receive something beautiful in the mail? And the postman will have a much better day too!

I cut my own envelope out of wallpaper lining. That makes them very sturdy and I can apply washes, paints and emboss to my hearts content.


I started with several layers of colour wash and then added embellishments out of my stash.

Then I finished each envelope off by adding embossing powders which I  painted on with an embossing pain


The possibilities are of course endless. You can up-cycle old envelopes, use cheap office envelopes, make your own with magazine or newspaper pages. Embossing certainly gives it the glam factor! I could not imagine anybody not wanting to receive this kind of envelope.

Make somebodies day!!!!!

Comments

Post a Comment