Love canvas

Hi there!

Birgit here today with a little love canvas.


I first covered the canvas with tags, a doily and pieces of book paper. On top I put a thin layer of Gesso leaving some parts of book print uncovered. On those parts I stamped with bubble wrap and Versamark and embossed it with WOW! clear gloss regular. This keeps the book print visible and creates a resist for the Tattered Angels glimmer mist that I sprayed on top.



I layered a piece of Punchenella (Sequin waste) as a mask in the left upper corner and filled a couple of spots with Versamark and then embossed it with WOW! Metallic Silver regular.
After spraying the whole canvas with glimmer mist I took a little piece of cardstock, used my crop-a-dile to punch out a couple of little holes and layered it on the canvas. I filled in the holes with Versamark, removed the cardstock mask and embossed the little circles with Suzy West Whirly Pop regular.



A heart cut from book paper was sprayed with glimmer mist. I put a piece of Punchenella on top and filled it with Versamark and embossed it with Suzy West Presidio Purple regular.


I stamped some swirls (from the WOW! Build a Butterfly stamp set) in the right lower corner and embossed them with Suzy West Bay Area Blue regular.
All 4 sides of the canvas where covered with Versamark going to the front of the canvas in some places and then embossed with WOW! Metallic Silver Regular.


The canvas was completed with rub-ons and crystal angel wings.

I hope this inspires you to use embossing powders in you mixed-media projects and art-journals!

Happy weekend, hope you have some time to play!
Enjoy!

Comments

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous! Just stunning, I love the mix of colors you got with the powders!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I love the vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment