1890 Hat

Hello, WOW fans! Anne here with a greeting card I made using my favorite of all the WOW Embossing Powders, Metallic Gold Rich Pale Regular. As my focal point, I used a lovely digi stamp created by Rick St. Dennis. Being completely enamored of turn-of-the-century fashion, I knew I had to color this image the moment I saw it. You know how some images or colors or designs just speak to you? Well, this was one of those things for me. If there is anything I love as much as heat embossing on my projects, it's coloring with alcohol inks.

Anyway, I'd like to share this little card with you today. As you can see, I used the gold embossing powder on my greeting but I also used the WOW Embossing Pen on the flower shapes around the frame to color them gold as well as the earrings and brooch, which on which I used the Clear Gloss Super Fine Embossing Powder to give them the look of crystal and onyx. In addition, I pressed the edges of the image, which I die cut with a Spellbinders die, into my embossing pad and dusted them with the same gold powder. I used it again on the inside sentiment. The gold powder just fits so well with many of my project designs and has become my regular "go-to" powder, especially when I'm making cards.




For more details on this card and to see my other projects, please visit my personal blog, Anniebee's Craft Room. With Spring just around the corner, I'm looking forward to warmer weather and flowers in bloom. It's almost time to start those  St. Patrick's Day, Easter and Passover cards and gifts too. Look for lots of inspiration for your springtime projects right here in the coming weeks.  Thanks for stopping by today!

Until next time, have a lovely weekend and...

Happy crafting!
Anne

Comments