A New Life


Hello Donna here to share with you what I have created for this month's theme  Antique!   I have made something new from old and given it a new life on my daughters dressing table.



I started off with a very old antique looking makeup mirror and gave it a face-lift.  I pulled it all apart and painted the whole entire frame work with distress paint to prime the surfaces.


I then embossed them all, some places have a few layers.



I love making things look old so I had to add a touch of Verdigris over the metallic copper



I embossed the base with a mixture of bright white and opaque pastel blue with a sprinkle of Verdigris to carry the colour threw.


For the back I stamped with the vintage wall paper stamp.  Added a blue wash over the entire surface and then embossed several time with clear.  I was trying for the broken glass effect but did not have a lot of luck as I only had super fine clear left in my stash :-(


Then it was time to decorate my frame



Before I added the decoration I did add a couple of layers of crackle paint over the base and  I love the effect it had.  In areas it has peeled away from the base! PERFECT!


I had made lots of embellishments with our  silicone moulds


and popped them throughout the flowers.


Hope you have all enjoyed my share this month.  Look forward to seeing what all you lovely WOW fans create for this months challenge.  Happy Scrappin everyone xox Donna :-)

WOW products used this month.
Clear super fine
Opaque bright white
Opaque Pastel blue
Metallic Copper
Colour blend Verdigris
Vintage wallpaper stamp
WOW silicone moulds
Melt it


Comments

  1. Loving the patina look and the crackle on the base certainly did a good job! I only own 2 WOW embossing powders and one isn't suitable for antique. The other is all but gone on a piece I hope to finish & enter for this challenging challenge.. Tfs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful and the embossing with the copper and verdigris is so pretty will have have to have a go with it :) thanks for sharing hugs Nikki

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment