Altered Canvas - Love Family Life

Good morning :) It's Sandie here today with  my take on this month's theme - Gardens



I created an altered  4" x 6" Box Canvas wall hanging taking inspiration from the colourful gardens around my street right now.

I prepared the canvas with a layer of gesso and quickly dried it with my heat gun. Then I layered on some tissue paper and applied another layer of gesso over it, before spraying the canvas in blues and greens - to represent grass and sky. 


Taking the Cracked Leather stamp and Versamark ink I first heat embossed some Olive powder and then I used the stamp again with black Archival ink. I applied some gold embossing paste and set it aside to dry. 


While my embossing paste was drying I made some Flowers and a red Heart. I don't have a melt-pot so I used some Foil Melt-It cases and my heat gun to melt the powders and Melt-It. For the flowers I used Bright White and for the heart I used Apple Red


I took some white chipboard letters and heat embossed them with Metallic Copper. I used the heart in place of the dot over the I and then layerd on all my flowers -  also adding some buttons, twine and a metal hinge. 


WOW! Products Used

Sandie
xXx

Comments

  1. Such a pretty & bright canvas, cute heart above the I & the white flowers really stand out. Great embossing on the chipboard letters, I thought they were metal!
    I too am doing a canvas with blue & green. Thankfully (or I may be accused of copying, lol), the rest of mine is very different.
    Tfs yr pretty piece :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Canvas I Love to alter chipboard letters to work with what I'm creating thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment