NOVEMBER CHALLENGE AND OCTOBER WINNER !!!

Hi Guys,

Congrats to Carol Harper for her take on the Triple Embossing challenge, you can see the winning entry here  Thank you to everyone else who entered, fab projects, as usual !!

Send me your details Carol and we'll have prizes winging their way to you... marion@wowembossingpowder.co.uk

For this month, we are challenging you and the design team with the theme "CHRISTMAS" We would love it if you play along with us :) You can link up your entries using our link below ! The closing date for this challenge is 27th November 2017. The winner will receive a gift voucher for £15.00/$15.00 to treat yourself to some WOW! goodies via our website. You MUST use this technique in your entry. Have fun !!!!

When it comes to Christmas cards I'm always the last one scrabbling around in my studio quickly making, I do this every year, why do I do this, I have no idea, it's not like they change the date each year !!!

Anyhoo's to me and for the above reason, Christmas cards have to be quick, simple and effective. So here's my QS&E Christmas Card. This is a card design I've done for years, it never fails and it's so easy !!
I've used two different stamp sets, one that's nothing to do with Christmas, but it just goes to show that with a little Sparkle we can turn a Starburst into a snowflake !!! Did you see what i did there… the stamps is called Starburst LOL !!!

I cut my base card and folded it tent wise, then cut two more pieces of card .5cm smaller than the base and then again .5cms smaller than the other.

Stamp and emboss the 'Merry & Bright' from the Thankful stamp set, I used Mint Macaroon (one of my fav's) I then stamped and embossed three small starbursts from the Starburst stamp set, again embossing in Mint Macaroon.
Using the middle piece of card go around all the edges with the ink pad and cover in Mint Macaroon, heat set. this will give you a perfectly matching border. This can be mounted to the base card.

Using a quickie glue pen dot the centre of the Starburst and draw lines out from it, I also added little dots around the Starbursts then sprinkled with A Girl's Best Friend Sparkles. Mount onto the base card. After doing this I decided I wanted the 'dot' in the centre to be bigger so I used Glossy Accents and sprinkled with the Sparkles.

There you have it, Quick, Simple and Effective !!! Now to make another 40 :) :) 
I can't wait to see what you and the DT come up with.

Here's what I used ….








Comments

  1. Congratulations to Carol for winning the challenge last month, and I love your CAS Christmas card Marion definitely a good one to batch make, and the mint colour with the silver is very pretty. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat, it's all about simple and effective for me :) :) xx

      Delete
  2. This would totally challenge me as I really don't "do Christmas". Perhaps that's why I came upon this. Your card demonstrates how quickly one can create & how wonderfully effective too.
    Need to ask, should the highlighted "you must use....." go to a link? It does nothing when I tap on it.
    Tfs....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caroline, Thank you, we'll have you churning out Christmas cards in no time :)
      No, the "you must use…." doesn't link, it's just highlighting the fact that we want people to use the technique/theme to be eligilble to enter … Some just throw in random embossed projects, but they don't get entered !! Firm but fair I like to think LOL !!! xx

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the lovely challenge and beautiful inspirations from the team, very very grateful to be prodded to get more Christmas cards created Karen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love to "prod" karen, glad to be inspiring you. xx

      Delete
  4. Love the new look to the blog WOW! Just gorgeous Karen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, I have to say, I'm thinking why didn't I do this ages ago… It's so much nicer :) :) xx

      Delete
  5. I tried to link up my card, but the widget does not seem to be working properly. Here is the link to my project: http://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/2017/11/pastel-snowflake-card-week-8-of-12-tags.html

    Thank you! Very beautiful Christmas themed card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to Carol. Love your CAS card. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the fun challenge. I always enjoy your embossing tips. Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here is my entry, the linky system isn't working :-/

    https://loraquilina.blogspot.com.mt/2017/11/simon-says-star-light-star-bright.html

    thanks
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment